This firm is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included in the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on Insurance Mediation Activities, which is broadly advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers. The register can be accessed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at ‘www.FCA.org.uk/register’. Our charges for arranging each title insurance policy are £50 plus VAT.
To help your transaction progress smoothly and to keep down costs payable by you, you understand and agree to inform us of any specific requirements you have or of any significant change;
1. to provide evidence of your identity; national insurance number and proof of your address when requested;
2. not to contact us to request progress reports more frequently than is reasonable (we consider weekly reports are sufficient);
3. reply in writing when requested to do so;
4. to us communicating with you or third parties by the method (including e-mail) we consider most appropriate;
5. to receive money due to you in the form of a single cheque and to pay our reasonable charges in respect of meeting your alternative requirements.
6. that you are aware of our duties to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007; Money Laundering (Amendment) Regulations 2012; Proceeds of Crime 2002; and our obligation to report matters to the Serious and Organised Crime Agency;
7. that proceeds of sale or re-mortgage are paid to clients no sooner that the next working day following completion.
8. to pay our administration fee of £50. plus VAT in respect of each letter it is necessary to mail by Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery plus the fee charged by Royal Mail.