Should I have a survey?

Yes – the property is sold as seen. We advise that you have a Home Buyers Survey and Valuation Report or building survey of the property carried out by a suitably qualified surveyor and have the services (e.g. Gas supply, electrical supply, drains and central heating system etc) inspected by qualified experts. We further recommend that prior to exchange of contracts that you obtain reports and estimates for any matters disclosed/revealed by your surveyor(s) or expert(s). Please supply a copy of the mortgage valuation and/or Building Survey as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind that trees can have an adverse effect on foundations and drainage systems. If trees are in close proximity to the property we advise that you should obtain the expert opinion of a Tree Surgeon/Structural Surveyor for advice regarding this.